Caravan Pilots

FAA documents required
Page 1 of 1

Author:  propjock [ Wed May 26, 2010 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  FAA documents required

Hi guys, we have a N registered Caravan that we operate in South Africa, I was hoping that someone can please help me and let us know exactly what documents are required to be on board a N reg aircraft, as this is different to South African requirements.

Kind regards


Author:  pgt066 [ Fri May 28, 2010 8:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FAA documents required

FAR Part 91

Author:  Feeder Pilot [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FAA documents required

The three basic documents you need are the Airworthiness Certificate, Registration Certificate and the Radio Station License. If we're flying only in the US we don't need the Radio certificate, but it's required outside the US; note that the Radio License expires and needs to be renewed.

All your maintenance work needs to be done, or at least signed off, by an FAA licensed mechanic or IA and the aircraft and engine logbooks need to be maintained. If you're Part 91, private or corporate, you're good to go with a US Commercial license, assuming you're getting paid to fly. If you're chartering out to other people, you need a Part 135 certificate which would be hard to do there.

The usual disclaimers apply...I am not a lawyer! :)

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2002, 2006 phpBB Group